International Solid Waste Association (ISWA) World Congress 2018 will be held on 22-24 October 2018 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. The conference will include keynote and plenary sessions by invited speakers, and concurrent sessions with oral and poster presentations by the participants. Hence, the ISWA 2018 Scientific Committee invites abstracts for platform and poster presentations.
|Open for Abstract Submission:||1 December 2017|
|Closing Date:||31 March 2018|
|Acceptance Notification:||April 2018|
The Congress will focus on the following themes:
- Energy Recovery and Biological waste
- Hazardous waste and Health care waste
- Collection, Transportation and Recycling
- Climate change and Landfills
- Governance and Communication
- Circular Economy
- Closing Dumpsites and Marine Litter
- Sustainable consumption and waste management in developing countries
- Technological innovation in solid waste management
All the abstracts submitted will be reviewed and assigned to an appropriate session. Authors of the accepted abstracts will be notified of the method of presentation as follows:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
Posters are reports summarizing information using brief written statements and graphic materials, such as graphs, charts, figures and photographs mounted on a poster board, the dimensions of which must not exceed the allocated space per poster.
- Detailed poster guidelines shall be sent at the time of acceptance.
Abstract submitters may choose the method of the presentation upon abstract submission. However, please note the final classification will be decided by the Scientific Committee.
General Guidelines for Abstract Submission
Please note that each participant is only allowed to submit maximum of TWO abstracts. Additional papers shall not be reviewed. All the submitters should take note of the guidelines below:
The abstract should be informative and stand alone in its content and meaning. It should include a brief introduction, methods used, key results, brief discussion and a conclusion. The abstract will be reviewed based on technical merit, scientific contribution and relevance under the chosen theme.
General Format and Requirements for Abstract Submissions:
The abstract format is automated by the online abstract submission system. Submitters are required to follow the instructions upon submitting abstracts via the online abstract submission portal.
Important Notes for Submitters:
- Submissions should be sent electronically via the conference website ONLY.
- Submissions should be written in English be a maximum of 300-450 words.
- Each presenter may submit a maximum of TWO abstracts.
- Submissions should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar before submission as they will be reproduced as submitted by the author.
- Changes will not be entertained once the abstract has been submitted via the online submission system.
- Submitters are advised to seek assistance to proof read the abstract if English is not their first language.
- It is the sole responsibility of the authors to ensure accuracy of scientific content and language.
- The abstract should not contain graphics or references.
- Please use abbreviations with restraint.
Consent, Permission & Copyright
Submitters must conform to the following:
- To accept responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract and understand that amendment is not allowed once it is submitted via the online abstract submission system and information provided will be published exactly as submitted.
- All co-authors are aware of and give consent to the content of the abstract and data presented before it is submitted. The submitter accepts responsibility as the contact person for all correspondence about the abstract and to share information with all authors about its status.
- Submission of abstracts implies the author’s agreement to publish the abstract in all Conference publications including the website, i.e. submitters are responsible to secure any copyright/permissions clearance required relating to any previous presentations, equipment or other material for inclusion in the ISWA 2018 Congress publications.
- Submitters are responsible to obtain permission from any relevant regulatory authority and obtain consent where appropriate.
- Submitters are responsible to ensure the work is original and that it does not infringe upon any copyright, proprietary or personal right of party.
- Submitters are responsible to identify and sort out any potential conflicts of interest e.g. financial interest in products or processes described in the presentation materials, stock ownership, and membership on an advisory board or board of directors or other substantive relationships.
Upon completing the online abstract submission, the submitter will be asked to confirm that the presenting author has read and understood the general information and the requirements he/she is expected to fulfil.